Henna Application Checklist
So many things to do and it may feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day to get all your wedding preparations done. Here is a a short quick checklist to prepare for your henna application.
1. Get a small decorated stool. You will need a short stool/bench to put your hand on while it gets painted with henna. A decorated stool will make the pictures turn out better too.
2. Use a decorated sheet to place wherever you are sitting.
3. Get plain white sheets and bolster pillow cases for the seating area. They are easily available in any fabric store. Henna looks beautiful offset by a clean and simple background.
4. Recruit a DJ friend or get some good speakers for your iPhone and play a mix of non-stop music available in any desi store to play in the background.
5. Have a person on hand who is at your beck and call. Believe me you would want to eat and drink some, and henna can take hours to apply and dry.
6. Wear something comfortable that you can move around in. A shalwar or a gharara is a great choice at mehendi ceremony. Churidars are hard to manage. Lehengas and sarees are just too unwieldy. Also, try to wear jewelry that is light.
7. Schedule the henna application to start at around 3 p.m. in the afternoon. That allows enough time for it to dry and you will be done by dinner. By that time you and the guests will be ready to dance as well.
8. Your outfit should ideally be in either yellow , coral or blue or turquoise color. These colors photograph very well with your henna.